Originally Posted by Mule Deer
In the ammo factories I've visited (which include the largest U.S. manufacturer), no the new brass isn't "treated" with anything....
that's honestly what I figured. this cold weld subject has never come up to the last I don't know what five or six years. think of how many hundred-year-old rounds of military surplus has been shot without issue. some people like to use will use the example of a lee factory crimp die . this holding the bullet in the case firmer than otherwise would be. some use the argument it will help accuracy some don't believe it but some do it in with no issue. I know the trick of seating them too far out and then pushing them down for better accuracy from the bench and all. really good bench press shooters load that day on site to the conditions they are in. I tumble in pins Dawn soap let me shine the whole deal that everybody starts to complain about sometimes. I've got ammo that sit around for quite a while after that and I've never had a single issue. my opinion this is an issue only for those that look for extra issues..