Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Originally Posted by Japlvr
[quote=DeanAnderson]I was pretty partial to the 69 Camaro RS Z/28 I had with the DZ aluminum 302 and a 4 speed. Sold it just before my son started to drive, he wasn't happy! Lol! Now I'm running a 2015 Camaro SS with a worked on LS3 6.2L HO aluminum, 6 speed with the 1LE suspension package. The 15 is probably the fastest car of all I've had over the years... 72 Vette 350 LT1, 70 Olds Cutlass 442 455, 70 Chevelle SS 396 375HP, 69 Camaro RS Z/28. Fun stuff!

Sorry, but the 1969 Camaro Z/28, 302 cubic inch engine only came with a "cast iron" block & heads. There was NEVER an aluminum block or heads offered for the 1969 Camaro Z/28.

It's amazing I can remember any of this stuff from 50 yrs ago.... lol

I was thinking the same of myself.

Thinking the same. Have googled a few references today & quickly learned many are unreliable. One was that 602, 1967 Z's were produced. But it went on to say the car weighed 3500# I know that to be way off. So I have to rely on that 50 YO memory as well.
Looked for my Jenkins book as well as "How to hotrod the SBC" no luck. But the later had a lot of Smokey Yunich tips plus a list of Chevy heavy duty & performance parts part numbers. Those P/N's tell the story on changes & up grades up till then. Surprising what was available just from the factory.