The Anschutz Fortners are something special. After putting one magazine through mine, a buddy of mine had to have one oof his own.

There are a couple of variations of the Fortner's and depending on how you plan to shoot it, one may be perfect while the other one may not work for you.

The 1727 action is designed to be used with irons or a scope whereas the 1827 action is designed to be used with irons only.

The biggest difference between the two is the top of the action. The 1827 action has a dovetail behind the breech while the 1727 action has a dovetail in front of the breech as well as behind it.

The 1727 actions are also drilled and tapped.

The 1727F was a bucket list rifle for me. I opted to go with a 1727F Trainer from Anschutz North America's Custom Shop. These rifles are impressive and I couldn't be happier with mine.

The accuracy is what you would expect, as good as any other Anschutz, Cooper, Sako, Vudoo, Rim-X, or insert your favorite brand here...

The only thing I'd change on mine is that I'd like to drop it into a McMillan or Manners stock, but it doesn't seem either company will inlet for it and after talking with the guys at ANA, nobody wants to take that project on.

A bonus if you're into chassis is that Accuracy International announced at the SHOT Show this year that they are going to offer their AT-X chassis with an inlet for the Anschutz 54.18s and 1727s. They said their plan was to begin shipping those chassis in June, but to my knowledge, they still haven't started shipping them.

Good luck with buying it...they're worth every penny!