Originally Posted by DMc
I have always been a huge fan of the Bofors steel, made in Finland, Sako Riihimaki, I've owned a .222 and a Hornet. Saw one in 7.62X39 once and still kick myself today for not buying it.

When I lived in Minnesota, back in the 80s, a Sporting Goods Store, Berger Brothers, carried Finnish made AKs and SKS. Manufacturer was Sako..
They also carried Chink and Soviet Block manufactured AKs and the SKS... those weren't put on the rack to sell. They were just stood up in plastic garbage cans, 33 gallon size. They were pretty much labeled $69.00, take your pick.

The Finnish Sako built AKs and SKSs, were $1100 and $1200 bucks each. You held one of each, you realized the Finnish Sako ones were well worth the price they were asking for them...they were also worth every penny if you got to shoot for accuracy.

The Soviet Block AKs and SKSs, they didn't seem worth the $69.00, especially after you handled the Sako built ones.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez