Originally Posted by murkydismal
Anyone load these? Loading manuals are typically conservative on the 280 data. I currently load 160 gr. Partitions w/H4350 and get 2854 fps, no pressure signs in my 280. Just looking for data that doesn't require a lot of waste of powder & bullets (what with the current "state of affairs" with components).

The nice thing about Barnes is their load data is available to anyone with a computer. H4350 is listed in their data. If you have a bunch of it, that is where I'd start. Makes it easy. It seems like a lot of you guys want a recipe handed out to you on a golden platter, but what you don't realize is every rifle is different and it's own entity when it comes to what it likes. You will have to work up a load, unless you are happy with just mediocre. The same can be said for seating depth. Your rifle may like .025" off the lands and another one will prefer .100" off the lands. There is a reason why those that know, say to "work up" a load. Work up a load...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA