Originally Posted by Bobthenailer
My copy arrived today! Awesome idea to print the cartridge type on the page edge. I can thumb thru quickly to index what I need. Thank You John for another great GG book. Is your wrist tired from signing books?

Eileen reminded me that she did the same thing in her big game cookbook Slice of the Wild, but of course the tabs were different: Field to Gambrel, Gambrel to Table, and rather than separating elk from deer, or deer from antelope she set tabs for Tender, Tougher, Stew and Burger, Grill, Fry, Cover & Cook. Three tabs per recipe page, and her favorite tab—Rogue’s Gallery. That’s photos of individual game animals we took, with details on weather, how we handled them, how they tasted.

She wanted an assortment of conditions and animals, and had a lot of fun looking through our photo files remembering those hunts, and dinners, including the time she killed a nice tender muley buck and it froze overnight. Lots of details on what can go wrong and what you can and can’t control and how the cook deals with it.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck