I’d say shoot the rifle and hunt with it a few times and your desire for a 308 will probably go away. I built my mom a 21” barreled 7/08 for her trip to africa. Loaded it with 140TTSX over varget and she smacked the hell out of several animals including gemsbok, kudu and a big zebra. My buddy has a browning micro medallion and I load 140BT’s for him and it’s always been very effective on whitetail deer. I finally found a little SS M7 here in the fire and loaded hornady 139 boat tails and some RL15 and was very impressed by it. Once I shoot up my current 139’s I’ve already got a load worked up with 120TTSX’s and I’ll probably just use them from here on out. Not that I think the 139’s aren’t adequate. At the mild velocity they are going they’ve plowed through everything I’ve pointed them at and left very good blood trails. I’ve killed more big game species with a 308 than any other caliber but I don’t thing I can tell any difference between it and a 7/08. They both work very very well when pointed correctly.