Originally Posted by erich
I had an APV while inexpensive it worked well, I gave it to my nephew for his first predator calling scope and it worked well for him until he got into it enough that the scope wasn't enough for him.. I have a Mueller red dot sight as a backup on my bow that does its job. I also have a Mueller 8-32 scope that I bought when they had a pre-release sale that is one of my better purchases, it is clear all the way to 32x but does dim a little, not as bad as a Vortex Crossfire 6-24 and the glass is clearer than both of my Vortex Viper 6.5-20's. The parallax adjustment is a little mushy, you have to go past and them back up, I have it on a target 22lr.

They are inexpensive but work, would I buy one for a hunting rifle, I'm beyond needing and inexpensive scope as is my nephew, so no. Would I buy one for a Savage Axis that I could barely afford and needed glass that would get the job done and not wreck my pocket book, yes.

So it really depends on your perspective. I would look more at a lower end Athlon scope or Sightron before a Mueller.

That Simmons Atec scope was once considered a good scope, if I remember right years ago Mule deer gave it glowing praise in an evaluation he did I think it was on a pre-release model they sent to him.

The original Aetecs were very nice scopes. These are not the same. They are a step down in optical quality, but still a bargain for those willing to buy a Chinese scope.