Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Originally Posted by las
My .243 has killed Dall sheep, moose, black bear, and caribou. They all died as easily as with .260, 7X57, 270, 30-06, and .338WM, on various like game.

This thread can be closed now. What bullets do you mostly use in your .243?

100 gr., most any brand, mostly Corelokts. It doesn't seem to like any other weight as well. The 95's were more of a pattern, which surprised the heck out of me when I tried some. One would think they would be very close to the 100's accuracy. but noooooo!

These are all factory loads - tho I have a few hundred brass I could re-load. Have the dies....came with the rifle which came with the remote cabin 45 years ago - never used them. Also have all the other components, but I've never really warmed to the caliber.

Heck- it took me 35 years just to get around to fixing the 2 MOA on that thing, by getting just the right fore-end tip pressure. Nothing else worked - it didn't like the factory pressure, nor free-floating, nor full length bedding - now MOA. T.he old 2 MOA seemed to work well enough, but C'mon, man....

I should take it out and kill something with it again, now that it's finally "fixed". smile

Last edited by las; 11/24/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.