Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Good looking hardwoods and as usual you paint a great picture with the way you describe your areas. I’m always interested in the way other parts of the country hunt based upon topography, vegetation, etc. It’s also interesting to me that 90 acres is a productive and huntable parcel. It makes sense however considering the acorn mast, cover…virtually everything they need is contained within the small parcels of good habitat. Our hunting areas are VAST tracts of wilderness…hundreds of thousands….millions of acres of hunting ground but that means that they are spread out and not nearly as easy to hunt. Hunting out here is a boots and backpack affair and one must be in reasonable shape to enjoy hunting it. As I get older I think sitting on a stand sounds good but I know me and after 15 minutes I’d be fidgeting to get moving. 😁

Good luck with your bachelor hunting week and I’m looking forward to reading more of your success.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Tennessee mafia Dons.
Believe me dude.
Hunting educated WTD here in TN is far from easy.
If it was then illegal baiting wouldn't be so rampant here as the only way many here know how to "hunt" on their private lands and even public land when they can get away with it.
Not all...
But a huge % here bait the schitt out of places.
It's the only thing many know.
Family tradition....
Many of us here in the state know people that do it.

Grew up in Maine hunting WTD in the " T" ,s
T34MD
T32MD
Sunkahaze stream system also.
4 x4 mile blocks of unincorporated townships.
Or similar with a waterway boundary on some side of it.
Paper and Pulp companies agreement with state for access.

4 to 6 deer per Sq mile density in wilderness area,s
Less after a bad winter in the deer yards and yotes.

You got AG and apple orchard area,s thru out Maine also that people hunt.
Mostly in southern Maine, also in Central maine too.

Last edited by renegade50; 11/24/22.