Last winter I picked up an XP-100 in .350 Rem Mag from tclubber here at the 'fire. This is for hunting whitetails in Iowa during the late muzzleloader season now that Iowa permits bottleneck cartridges in calibers .350"-.500" generating 500 ft/lbs of energy. I've been using a .357 Maximum in TC Encore for many years and last year my oldest daughter claimed that gun and told me to find another one. I finally got around to some load development and I'm very pleased with this XBR 8208 load of 57 gr. pushing 180 gr. Speer bullets. Velocity from the 16" barrel is 2400 fps and the recoil isn't anywhere near what I expected. I'll be hunting whitetails with it after Christmas. smile. I had an XP in 7BR for several years a couple of decades ago and I loved it, but had to sell it to buy other things. I'm not regretting this purchase at all. This one is topped with a Burris Handgun 2-7x32 with lighted reticle.
After sighting in I moved to demolishing pumpkins from 137 to 250 yards off the rest without missing a single one. Very pleased.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/17835446#Post17835446

Last edited by selmer; 11/24/22.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile