Don't even think about the Boost bottle That is not what he needs.

I an on oxygen. Medicare will pay for about any commercially supplied oxygen with standard concentrators and portable bottles and some portable battery operated ones. Most Medicare Advantage plans will also, with a copay.

Two type of units for the home, both are pretty noisy. One he gets the big concentrator and a supply of smaller bottles with cart for outside the home. These are good for 3 hours or so and he sets up a monthly delivery the small bottles. Not very handy. He should also get a big bottle that is for emergency use if power goes out.The other is a concentrator along with a compressor that could fill a smaller bottle at home for outside the home. It usually comes with a carry strap or back pack.The compressor is nosier yet.

I believe there are also battery operated ones for portability that Medciacre will pay for.

There are also programs administered by the Department Of Labor that will pay for everything depending on where he worked. See Ecomp.dol.gov.com. I am on one as a past nuclear worker. PM me if you would like more info on this

Then there is the option for your dad to buy a system out right if he has the money. It still takes a doctor's order to buy one.

The best on the market is by Inogen.The home concentrator is about 1/2 the size of other and is very quiet. About 47 DB. In a closet you can barely hear. it.

The portable battery operated one, the G4, is quieter too and very small. It will run 3-4 hours depending on usage.It comes with a backpack, a carrying strap bag, AC charger, and a 12V charger.

Approx cost for both units including a Lifetime warranty is about $5,000. Pricey. I am sure there are less expensive units on the market.I also bought a stand alone battery charger and extra battery.

Maintenance cost is: batteries last about a year or more depending on usage. $500each. The home units needs a part replaced every year called a Column. About $100. Cannulas can be bought or the O2 suppler usually supplies them free. He will need two 25 ft hoses or a 50ft, and cannulas comes in 4 ft, 7 ft, 25 ft length.They should be changed out every 2 weeks or so. 4 ft cost about $1.50each.

Some people require a humidifier bottle on the concentrator because the O2 is dry, less than $25.

He will probably also need an Oximetry night time test to se if he requires different settings for day and night time (sleep)

Be careful of buying any Inogen product from a secondary supplier. They told me, within the next year,they will not warrant any Inogen product unless it was bought thru Inogen.I bought an Inogen battery charger last year that failed and they would not replace it. I was lucky Amazon did.

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/26/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles