My old 1377 has killed a PlLE of grouse and quite a few rabbits and squirrels. I have never pumped it more than ten. I assume the new versions are better than my old one.

When I first got it I set up a pistol rest and did some test shooting corner to corner of a roomy double garage. Mine is most accurate at seven pumps, but almost as accurate at 9 pumps. I shot all of my game at 9 pumps. It would make a ten shot dime sized group, plenty good for a grouse head at 40-50 feet.

I shoot a pointed pellet, Beeman Silver Jet (?), and stocked up on them years ago, don't even know if it is still made but I still have quite a few. Haven't hunted with it for several years, since I moved away from abundant grouse and ptarmigan numbers. With the .77 pellet, I needed to hit grouse in the head or neck to put them down without having them fly away wounded, and rabbits did best with a head shot.

You will enjoy it more than you do your center fire rifle! grin

Added re original query: My 20 year old 1377 trigger has a slight burr or catch just before the sear breaks. Once I got used to it, it made me a better shot with that pistol! Original open iron sights on mine, very good for my use.

Last edited by Okanagan; 11/26/22. Reason: afterthot