Paying attention and always looking to learn...

My Benellis have without doubt been my most bullet-proof autoloading shotguns over the years and personally would not want to put up with a gas operated shotgun again, especially in the field. Mine have all been Montefeltros except for a recently purchased Legacy 28 (I wish they had made a 28g Monte with a field rib!)

I have experienced the Benelli "click", always at the most inopportune time on a flush. My feeling/experience is that it is MY problem easing the bolt down after reloading the chamber from the magazine, ie after transport, crossing a fence, etc., NOT the gun's fault. The gun is just not an Auto-5 that way (good for the fingers!) I could see a gummed-up bolt head/extractor having the same effect and I would have no one to blame but myself on that one but that has not been my experience over the years.

Extremely cold temperatures/ice are always a suspect when it comes to reliability with anything mechanical, ie. think of the de-greasing recommendations for use of firearms in the harsh conditions of the arctic.