Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’ve carried an original LCP for years. Plenty accurate and very reliable. Mine stays loaded with the Buffalo Bore Hard Cast load.
Only drawbacks are the sights suck and the slide is hard to lock back, with my large hands, I have a hard time grabbing hold of the slide.
Still, I can shoot it very well and accurately. It stays in my pocket from when I put my pants on in the morning and until I go to bed at night. No matter what larger pistol I’m toting for concealed carry.
I consider it my BUG if all else fails.

I’ve also got a LCP II in .22 lr. Better sights & better trigger than the original model. And much more fun to shoot in .22 caliber vs 380 acp. Capacity is 10 +1.

I’ll eventually buy one of the new LCP Max models.
Looked them over in my LGS a few times. Much better sights and better trigger than the original LCP.
And it’s not noticeably bigger by much IMO. The higher mag capacity and better sights make it worth it to me.

That LCP must be right lively in the hand with that Buffalo Bore load, but I plan to go the same route.

My only concern with the LCPII and Max versions is the trigger.

In a pocket handgun I prefer a long, heavy double-action trigger and no safety, about like a revolver.

In the close confines of a pocket safeties can get flipped off and I figure even with a pocket holster all sorts of things can happen, like me absent-mindedly putting my car keys in that same pocket.

Sounds improbable said keys could lever the trigger but over the decades I’ve had keys occasionally snag in all sorts of improbable ways.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744