Originally Posted by Riverc
I have never been a Black Friday shopper too many people no sale is worth the hassle. I enjoy shopping from my recliner at home. I do buy things online and pickup at store sometimes.
I did it once, like ten or twelve years ago (maybe longer ago than that). My folks, while I was visiting with them for Thanksgiving, asked me to get up early (well before dawn) on Black Friday to go to an electronics store nearby and take advantage of their huge sale on GPS navigators (Garmin, I believe, 40% off). They wanted me to pick up two of them.

I got there while it was still dark, got in line and waited for them to open. I went to the appropriate counter as soon as I got inside, showed the sales clerk the ad with the item circled, and asked for two. The man said they were out of them.

While wandering around the area a few minutes later, I noticed someone walk up to the same guy who immediately recognized him. They exchanged a friendly greeting, following which the sales clerk reached under the counter and pulled one out (the model I had asked for) and handed it to him. I told the manager what I had seen, and I walked out with two of them at the sale price. Never again.