Originally Posted by high_country_
I literally knew nothing about them... but then poof! One landed in my life. I build a lot of rifles and do custom machine work, looking at the fit and finish on this one.....they definitely put love into them.

I have my eye on the fancy sights.....
Buffalo arms sells everything you need. More than a few tang sight makers out there. I can whole-heartedly recommend MVA FOR THE REAR. Yes, they sell fronts also. Last couple of front sights I bought were ones by Lee Shaver he sells one that is a little larger diameter than the #111 Shiloh or the #111 MVA. The Shaver has a spirit level built in for the same money as the other two. All 3 sights have an excellent selection of frt sight inserts availible. Another plus for the Shaver is instead of a flimsy leaf spring to retain the insert it has a screw in tube extension to do that function so no more snagging the sight leaf spring while un casing it. Shooting steel gongs out to 1000 yds is a most enjoyable pastime. Depending on your load a mid range rear will get to 800 but farther you need the long range staff. A normal original style lr staff only has about 12 moa right and left of ctr with a perfect dead wind zero. Those who shoot out to 800 know you will run out of windage and opt for a Soule type sight with 22 moa left and right windage. More often than not on the Montana prairies and river breaks you will need a buffalo Soule with 44 moa l and r to stay in the game. Questions?..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 11/27/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "