Speaking of Hornady brass with shallow primer pockets.... Over the summer I was reloading for my buddies 300 PRC. Once fired Hornady factory ammo that he bought just to have some brass. Did my usual primer pocket ritual with the Hornady Case Prep Trio. A powered gizmo with primer pocket uniformer and chamfer & deburr stations. I've been uniforming primer pockets at least since the 1990's and over the years have stopped fretting about high primers because the uniforming tools ream out the bottom of the pocket so well I don't even worry about it anymore. I just clean it up until the bottom of the pocket is shiny and I don't want to make it too deep. Turns out that brass had shallow pockets, primers were slightly high, but it still chambered & fired. Did some rough measurements but didn't write it down, the pockets were a tiny bit shallow. Got out my old piece of window glass that I formerly used to stand rounds on to check for high primers. Hadn't used it in years but sometimes those good old fashioned methods are still worthwhile and prudent. Live & learn.