I had always planned to travel "someday" I took good health for granted and had not even applied for a pass port before I had a back injury that has limited my travel to no more than a few hours away.

I got involved with Ham radio through a local club and with their help built a very nice armature radio station. My wife and I have both made friends with people around the World we never would have known otherwise.

The other way of connecting has been through You Tube travel and cooking channels. One of the many channels we watch features Ukrainian country life cooking. A few days ago that couple lost power due to the war. With battery back up they were able to post a clip of themselves walking around their blacked out village and then slicing up a lemon to eat by candlelight. They were both getting sick and that was what they had for medicine.

Maybe that was all propaganda... but I do care when people who seem to just be going about their lives end up suffering. We have given more to a local food bank because some of those people aren't just scamming and being irresponsible

Everybody chooses what they do or don't care about. Living behind a hardened tall wall of "I don't care" seems sad.

Please don't feed the trolls!