Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Not enough

Yep

I grew up very near a river with darn near everything the Great Lakes basin has to offer… northern pike, largemouth, brown & rainbow trout, steelhead, pacific salmon, and smallmouth.

Now I live further south but fish the same basin focusing upon 4 rivers, 3 of which are tribs to the biggest. Need to expand my reach into some of the world class trout fishing here in the state.

I love river fishing don’t know much about lakes. One goal I have for 2023 is to expand my repertoire to piers out on Lk Mi. I saw some videos of guys catching lake trout as they come up to spawn I never even knew you could catch em from shore that’d be bad ass.

I love fishing for the fact you can hit it hard all yer life and still not scratch the surface of what there is to know!

On those lake trout.. they will come in even when not spawning. In lakes with lakers they will be cruising the shores after ice out for a couple weeks in the cold water.
Find a place along the shoreline with a very steep drop down to 60’ or more. Just use a weighted hook with sardines or sucker meat and toss it out and let it swing back into shore. Leave it lay there against the bottom 30-40 feet deep. The trout will cruise those edges and find it, just kick back relax and enjoy in a comfy lawn chair.
Cloudy days of course are better.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.