Nice fireworks display on Friday?? night from an off-shore ( Waikiki) boat the one time we were there. Met the then Gov and his wife on the boat. Nice guy for a Democrat. Or maybe it was the alcohol?

Oahu once - never again. Honolulu sucks. Some English is spoken.

Japanese outnumbered Americans about 3:1 at the Memorial, and 5 to 1 at least down town. Be prepared for it.

You can also go out for a boat cruise. They refer to it as "sport fishing". Truth in advertising - they hooked me! smile. smile

I went into it considering it (on another island) to be a boat cruise, any fish showing (one marlin made a quick pass at the lure) would be a bonus so was not disappointed in the 4 hour experience. Saw several pods of various whales.

Late January/February is an excellent time to whale watch - they are slow getting there from here. smile

Oh yeah- the water is cold at this time of year for swimming . Dunno about summers.

The other islands are better, IMO - been to several of the others more than once. But hey, it's warm ambiant air temps!!!!

Helicopter ride around the island - ours came in over the Dole Plantation( I think?) into Pearl on the same route some of the Japanese planes followed. My wife wouldn't let me make machine gun noises.....

Looking down one could see the underwater outlines of the Arizona clearly.

Last edited by las; 11/30/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.