Took shootemette to her stand de jour with great hope and prayers for success. She looked at this view a little while ago:

[Linked Image]

She’s quite the hunter and doesn’t mind the work involved preparing. Scouting, cutting brush, whatever. A worker indeed, especially being let’s say of retirement age. She can work many men her age into the ground.

This year she has experienced that fluke of a season where you do everything right but the bucks just laugh. Seen enough spikes and 3’points during muzzleloader season and so far in rifle season to put up a picket fence around the property. Just no decent bucks.

Doing the same thing I’m doing and our son did but no success. I tagged out on bucks with 2 decent ones in muzzleloader season and sonntook an 8 point first day he hunted; but success has been elusive for shootemette. Now we’re down to only a couple hours left before we stop for a while and take care of things required at the time. Probably come back week after next for a final hurrah. But you know how bucks get that far after rut.

So this morning send a little prayer for blessing if you have time. We prayed before taking off for safety, glorious appreciation of a new dawn, and success for the hunter. I’m sure a few more won’t hurt. I’ll follow up with an update tomorrow. Thanks

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."