I got hit for two new batteries i in my 2109 Duramax a few weeks ago. Shop said just change them every three years because it won't be long after that they will let you sit stranded.

I have slide in pop up camper, not a trailer, but I went the deep cycle at first. I ran into all the problems RC said. Now I have two 800 CCA truck batteries that I can charge with my generator and a charger or with the truck itself. I ran a set of heavy cables from the auxiliary battery in the truck, back to the truck bed. I put a set of connectors like you see winches hooked up with on them. I put another set on the two batteries. I can hook those batteries to my camper. If I need to charge with the truck, I hook them up to the cable in the bed.The truck will put 50 + amps into the batteries and charge them in about 155 minutes.

I put a cigarette type 12 v receptacle in the camper and I can charge my phone, Kindle and portable oxygen concentrator battery. Replacing all the lights in the camper with LED bulbs helped lot too.

I have 14 ft dump trailer and it has it's own charger or deep cycles, I disconnect that battery completely, but leave it in the trailer, I have no place to put it that doesn't freeze, but that trailer does not get used in the winter.

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/04/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles