Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Well, had this one on an AR. Took it off the high mount, attached the low mount. Reversed the front base, filed a new recoil screw slot and mounted it.

Seems lower than the scope, but I'd like something even lower, more streamline. It does handle kinda like I thought it would. Interesting innovation.

It comes up faster and easier than the AR, holds steadier once shouldered. But, a "bird gun" is gonna handle a heap better than an AR.

Wouldn't ya know. Made in China, causes cancer in California. At least I can stay out of CA, have no business in China, either.

Other than the political rant, what ya think?

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well I didn't like the way this one looked, so I got a NECG peep and tall Williams front bead.

The NECG peep is a curious looking device, but seems to work. I like the Talley peep, but that one doesn't have elevation adjustments, depends on altering the front sight.

That wouldn't work here, so I went with this one, which mounts on a Weaver base. I plan to get a fiber optic front, but will see how it goes with the one.

I had put this rifle up for sale, but it didn't happen. One party wanted to see if the HVA crest was on the front ring. I didn't remember, removed the scope and front base to see that it was there. Handling the rifle without the scope was pretty cool, so decided to go with irons which best fits the low comb.

DF