Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
Bruce: thanks for the kind words about my Kodiak article. As I said in the article, I was greatly blessed by the Lord to have such an experience with my son. I suspect few people get to go on a Kodiak brown bear hunt, much less with their son. Been to Alaska hunting now 5 times and each time the thought goes thru my mind "if only my friends who hunt could experience this."

Alaska has that impact on some of us.

It was so awe inspiring to me, and I come from Washington which is a beautiful and rugged state itself with big mountains, that I knew I had to live there someday. I dream about getting an opportunity like you had so I’ve laid the groundwork for an eventual move and bought property. My son and daughter and I are beginning to talk about doing a boat based bear hunt in SE once I get my Trawler up north.

I envy your ability to hunt the “good stuff” with your son and I wish for you many more chances to spend quality time afield with your son.

That was a great read regarding your hunt with your son and I look forward to more of your stories in the future. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~