My first thought was that it was possible there was something in the chamber when the trigger was pulled. In fact, now that you mention it, there was a very fine thread of red plastic sitting on top of the magazine after I inspected the chamber after firing the first shot. It's possible it was in the chamber when the first shot was fired.

Some obstruction or oil could possibly explain the dent in the case of the first shot, but I don't believe would explain the smaller, but similar dent in the case on shot #12. If there was oil or something else in the chamber, I would think it would have been cleared about by shot #12 or at least caused more issues in cases 2-11 & possibly 13-15.

This is only the second loading of these cases. They are made by PPU (Prvi Partizan) for reloading. This isn't brass from recovered from factory produced ammo, but bagged brass sold to handloaders.
I used CCI 200 primers, not anything foreign made.
Primers and powder are kept on shelves in a more-or-less temp. controlled garage (radiant heat in the floor an HVAC vent in the ceiling).
I've never seen popped primers in this rifle.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited by Azar; 12/07/22. Reason: additional info

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear