Originally Posted by cas6969
I gambled on and bid one up a Gunbroker this past winter. When it arrived the bore was rusty, maybe not horribly, but enough to disappoint me. So I decided to continue being stupid and bought a blued barrel off Ebay. (I guess a stock barrel with the Realtree coating removed) That one was rusty on the outside. After that the enthusiasm faded and I never put it all together.

I bought it with plans to a dot sight on it. I am a traditional muzzle loading enthusiast and the whole idea disgusts me. However my eyes are apparently no longer strict traditional muzzle loading enthusiasts. laugh lmao

I passed on a buck last season at last light because I just couldn't see the sights. I thought "damn it I'm going to put together a 15 minute gun" (only to be used the last 15 minutes of the day if sitting somewhere) That's why I bought the Tree Hawk. Small enough to bring as a second gun on evening sits.

The plan is to finally shoot it this weekend if it's not raining too bad. Not looking forward to trying to sight in an RMR on a gun I've never fired. Should prove very frustrating.

I still have the pitted camo barrel somewhere if someone's looking for one.
.50 or .54?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!