I've got two fox-pro's batteries life seems good.
Get a call with a cigrit lighter charger set-up and an extra battery, swap batteries between moves IF you're doing that type calling. You won't be buying lots of batteries, mine lasted for years.

I'm a big fan of decoys, I made my own it's a squirrel hide with crow wings mounted on a thin wire to the hide. It gets beat up from packing it around but still works well. I use a small plastic 'crappie fishing reel' [Lews crappie reel, amazon] that weighs nearly nothing, with 20lb. test green spider-wire fishing line. I put it on a tall bush - make a wrap or two on the limb and clip on an alligator clip to hold it.
When I lived in Idaho I used hand-calls [Burnham Bros.Mini-Blaster] if I was going to be doing a lot of walking. Call for 30-40 +- seconds then twitch the decoy for a minute, rinse/repeat.
I've spotted coyotes that stood up when I started calling - when I twitched the decoy - here they come, that visual puts them in motion.
I've killed mature old coyotes that were so locked-in on the decoy they paid no attention to my scent that was left there 2-3 minutes before.

Last edited by ol_mike; 12/10/22.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.