I purchased one. Funny thing is that I'm not a hunter. I just like to lob lead of all sizes downrange and shoot for tiny groups. I mostly bought this because I want to do something different and have been designing my own PCP in my head that I'm also going to make a 50 bore. I already started on the valve and have it mostly done which included a way to make it effectively seal and not have to fight the pressure of the plenum to open. The one thing I was struggling with was the math to figure out the plenum volume to get the desired fps that im after which is 1000 with 325 grain slugs. Apparently the Hammer uses 8 cubic inches. I also ordered and recieved a high pressure bottle rated at 5000psi and a regulator with a 4350 inlet and 3000 outlet pressure and a 500/510 bore barrel blank from green mountain. Anyhow, I have a compressor that I bought to fill my Air Venturi Avenger so I wanted to fire off the hammer out in the backyard range and got it filled and loaded with 2 rounds of whatever bullets that came with the rifle. I touched that thing off and holy schitt is it loud! It sounded like firing off a 308 back there and the thing has the recoil of a blackpowder gun. It's definitely fun but it needs a moderator and I'm terrified to purchase one since I own powder burners and heard about the Donny guy getting a visit from the alphabet people. Either way if someone is wondering if you can really take large game with this thing, I'd say absolutely so. If anyone has any interest I'll also post updates on the PCP build.