In case anyone was thinking about getting one of these for Christmas, here are my thoughts after owning one for a month or two. I've run various Glocks in 10mm (G20's and G40's) for 15 years or so but always wanted something with a smaller grip dimension.

Long story short: this thing is not going to replace my G20, though I like the ergos better. I wish I'd waited a few months and seen what other folks thought.

The good:
-Great aggressive factory grip texture, if you're shooting this with wet hands, it's excellent. Slide serrations front and rear also excellent.
-With a few different types of 180gr ball ammo, it's about as accurate as my G20. 3-4" groups at 50 yards. The gun is probably mechanically more accurate than that but it's got a .125 front sight and a .145 rear sight gap and that's about as well as I can shoot it.

The bad:
-With all the 200gr hardcast I tried (ie, all my main carry loads, Underwood and Buffalo Bore), groups ran in the 10-12" range at 50 yards. On the target backer, not the target.

-Quite a number of FTFs with 200gr XTP loads. Might be a wimpy mag spring. Sort of don't care.

All in all...it makes me appreciate my G20, which has eaten several thousand rounds of various types of 180gr and 200gr ammo and seems basically accurate with everything.

Far as this M&P, who knows, might have gotten a bad one.