Teal;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I hope you had a good Christmas and this finds you well.

When it comes to purchasing precious metal that you want in your possession there are a whole bunch of rabbit holes to head down and I'll do my level best not to do that.

As has been stated already, for a multitude of reasons, one ounce coins are the best choice as everyone knows what they're dealing with then or very nearly so.

Bars from who knows where are always suspect. Mints making Canadian, South African, Australian or US currency are not. That'd be more or less the order of my preference at this point too, perhaps for reasons we'll not chat on open forum about but there it is.

It's not a terrible idea to get uncirculated, individually packed one ounce coins either for the same reasons as above.

Speaking in broad terms, one ounce of silver would in most instances be converted into acceptable tender to obtain goods or services you're hoping to acquire easier than gold, unless of course you need $2000 worth of whatever it is you're needing that day, right?

There were places up here that very intentionally dealt in bullion and did not feel the need to inform the federal government who was buying it. Our charter banks felt they had to do that, so that eliminated them from the selection process naturally.

Hopefully that made some sense and was useful to you or someone out there.

All the best to you in the New Year.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/27/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"