I have been leaning more and more into stropping and have been enjoying the results. As Big Dave mentioned, maintaining your edge before it truly gets dull is a huge benefit. If needed, I'll touch up on a ceramic rod before a round of strokes on the strop. I have been doing this to good effect with a variety of steels, including S30V and even some of the harder stainless alloys.

Not that this is a profound statement, but maintaining a consistent angle, and the right angle, is the cornerstone to effective sharpening. One tool that I have had for a few years and highly recommend is the Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener.

https://www.worksharptools.com/shop/benchtop/manual/guided-field-sharpener/

It's not something meant for reprofiling an edge or getting a mirror polish to show off to your friends. However, it has a good combination of tools, it's conveniently sized and it's handy to toss in your pack before heading out the door....or even leaving on the table next to your recliner for evening blade maintenance.

I have found it is dang near perfect for general maintenance and really prolongs the intervals between breaking out the Edge Pro. I have a larger strop (8"x3") and various compounds, but I still reach for that little field sharpener just because it's so convenient.