Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by humdinger
Reading this, I carry too much stuff because I start out cold in the morning and stay out all day. It's MN weather so you dress for winter / spring / and summer and need somewhere to ditch layers.

Pack a lunch too.

I tried a kick stand vest and hated pulling the rug out from under my azz when getting up. Also hated reaching around for items in the pack.

Now I have a separate chair and my BWCA food barrel pack I flop down. It leaves me plenty of room to pack out a bird.

Add a book, fence style blind, and decoy and I'm a pinch point poster who occasionally moves.

Pinch Point Poster. Good description. That’s how I spent opening day last year. Alas, the two gobblers I saw stayed up above the pinch.

One other thing I carry is a Zoleo satellite tracker, my leash as the wife calls it, so they know where to find the body…..

Pinch point is about right. I hunt a lot of waterfowl production a waterfowl production areas (WPA) so you get a thin edge of trees by sloughs so the birds get funneled there.

I've done the morning sit and move to only hear a bird gobble at my old spot.

The areas also get enough pressure that they really don't respond to owl or crow calls so running and gunning isn't real effective for me.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?