This is an interesting movie about Hollywood and the early days of movies, from the late silent movies into the early period of the "talkies." It stars Brad Pitt in a memorable performance as a star of the silents, with the subsequent problems of so many silent stars who could not adapt to "talking pictures."

It also shows the debauchery of Hollywood at that time and the wild parties and relationships of the people involved in making motion pictures. My great uncle and great aunt were silent screen stars and were in Hollywood making "flicks" at the time Babylon represents. Also, as I am "in The Business," I've heard tales of the early days from people who were there that are astounding. Babylon depicts that era to a "T."

Lots of coarse language/dialogue, so if that offends you, do not attend. If you're interested in movies, this one is a "gotta see it." smile

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)