Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
It's a great scope -- rather large but one that provides superb light transmission and resolution. The A4 reticle is bold and will stand out in poor lighting.

I like the looks of it better with a 30mm tube, but that's a personal preference. I had a 1-inch 8x56 for a while but eventually sold it.

Used prices are all over the place right now. The last 1"-tubed 8x56 I saw that sold was near-new and went for $675 shipped. I think I paid around 580 for mine, but that was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
+1. I have the 1" tube S&B Hungarian Klassic 8x56 with #4 reticle and absolutely love it. I bought it used a couple of years ago on the Fire Classifieds and I paid around $600 (the scope was about 10years old). It is by far my favorite scope and is mounted on my most often used hunting rifle. The things I like about it are: Excellent low-light capability (this was an eye-opener - pun intended); consistently accurate scope adjustments; the scope's zero stays put (does not wander after adjustments). Though I have not tried the 30mm version, I really like the 1" version of this scope. This is due to the scope's length sitting a good bit out over the rifle's barrel and I can (and do) use Medium height rings (0.95" height rings) which provide just enough scope bell clearance and seems to me perfectly balanced for the 25" barrel on my rifle. I discovered that using this scope for deer/hog hunting is not a hinderance for the typical short distance shots I have in my area - just keep both eyes open when lifting the scope to eye level and the target is easy to find. I solicited the advice of Bobby Tomek before I bought it and he did not steer me wrong.

One last comment: I am paranoid of getting a counterfeit scope, which seems to be a real problem these days. So, I obtained the scope's serial number from the Seller and then called S&B office in the USA to confirm it was one of their scopes. Good luck.