I started hunting with Benelli shotguns about 20 years or so ago. I live in Colorado and some days it can be very cold during goose season. I've hunted in as cold as 18 below zero. Anyway, on super cold days I was having problems with my Benelli. It would always fire the first round but then the bolt would slide back very slowly and would not close completely. I had other problems and almost always on cold days. I fought it for a couple of years and was convinced Benelli was just an over priced piece of crap. Before I gave up on my SBE, I made a call to Benelli. The tech there told be to quit using regular gun oil and switch to synthetic gun oil and put it on very light and wipe it almost completely away. I bought a can of Birchwood Casey Synthetic Gun Oil and applied it the way he said. Here it is 15 years or so later and I'm still using the same can of $10 dollar synthetic gun oil and have had zero problems with all my Benelli's since then. I now have two shotguns for hunting. A Benelli Montefeltro 12 ga and a Montefeltro 20 ga and they are awesome. If you are hunting with an inertia shotgun and having problems in the cold, switch to synthetic oil! Use very little and wipe most of it away. If you are having problems with any other gun, before you scrap it, call the manufacturer and ask for advice! They might be able to help you! I hope this helps even one hunter! Shoot straight!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis