...so I quit tonight while I was ahead. A case of tired, "Short term......what????" or the usual LAS....

This is darned near a year old epic. Or F'up if you prefer. smile

Can't get Bore-Tek bore coat up here, so I ordered some and sent it to DennisinAz, who roaded it up for me. I hit a pothole, failed to notify him, and he and Ironbender covered my ass and got it to me. I owe those two big time.

6 weeks ago I went to use it. Got the unknown provenence rebarrel take-off .270 done, and the nearly unfired 7mm. done. 338 was waiting on a nylon bore brush before acetone degrease and bore -coat. Midway filled the brush order promptly, but the shippers took 5 weeks to get it here, one day after I canceled the order for a refund...., reordered... when (if) that gets here, that will be canceled and refunded. Two days before I'd given up on the bore-coat for the .338, oiled up the bore and put it away.

I've been looking for that partial bottle of bore-coat for a week now, finally gave up, considered I'd inadvertantly thrown it away. Bummer.

Tonight I was doing a partial inventory of reloading components. Found it tucked into a cabinet with the primers. WTF??? But that's the feel-good part.

Put something else away in the garage, then couldn't locate the bore-coat again for several minutes, then did.
It occured to me at that point that it might be time to quit, and to hell with cleaning up the bench. I just walked away.

None of you guys ever do this chit, right? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 01/12/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.