Originally Posted by autoshopteacher
Everyone seems to be an Internet University graduate, but I will share opinions and experiences with a new Colt Python 6 inch and a new Colt Anaconda 8 inch. Both of these have over 500 rounds of fairly stout handloads fired in the last year. Accuracy of both is limited by the operator.
I have a Colt Gunshop Custom Python 6 inch Royal Blue purchased in 1982 that has killed pronghorn, elk, deer, coyotes, prairie dogs, rocks etc. I also have a Colt Gunshop Custom Anaconda 4 inch stainless purchased in 2000 that has several notches on its grip also.
The quality, fit and finish of the new guns are very good. Not the Royal Blue of the old models but quite acceptable.
The triggers, however, on both need some work to match up to or exceed the older guns. The factory sights on the new models seem to have been an afterthought. Trigger pull measurement as follows:

Gunshop Python SA 3lb 10 oz, DA 9lb 4 oz. Gunshop Anaconda SA 4lb 8 oz, DA 11 lb 8 oz. Both of these are as delivered from Colt.

New Python (factory) SA 5 lb 14 oz, DA 9 lb 14 oz. New Anaconda (factory) SA 6 lb 3 oz, DA 9 lb 1 oz.00

Heffron Engineering: Python, SA 2 lb 6 oz, DA 9 lb 13 oz. Anaconda SA 2 lb 13 0z, DA 9 lb 13 oz

I also have a 4 inch GP100 that shoots very well and the trigger pull is SA 3 lb 1 oz, DA 6 lb 2 oz.

Both new Colts' double action pulls were smooth from the factory but when Mike Heffron was done, they were much better and trigger overtravel is now excellent.

I have Eliason sights on all my Colts and until recently they were not available for use on the new models. Wilson Combat listed them a month or so ago and I ordered one. I am not at home and have yet to see how they will work. Frankly, the sights on the new models are not up to the quality of the revolver.

HEFFRON PRECISION©

Osage, Iowa 50461

Phone: 1-641-732-0050

email: heffronprecisionoutlook.co.

Jess

Thanks, Jess, for the excellent info.
Have a great weekend!

Crab

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers