Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Rossi’s are faaar better rifles than Marlins or Henrys. They will eat loads without a problem that will absolutely lock up a Marlin or Henry.
They'll handle loads that'll destroy any 1873 ever made too but they sure as fuuck ain't "better" from a quality of build standpoint. LOL

Meh…Marlins suck and Henrys weigh about 27 pounds. A 27 pound finely executed brass turd is not superior to an actual rifle that is easy to carry, reasonably accurate, and that functions well. And unlike Marlins, I’ve never bought a Rossi that had the front sight canted off in one direction.

A Rossi is a John Browning rifle. That pretty much says all you need to know.
The Rossi 92 is a poor copy of a John Browning design and that's it. Their build quality and QC sucks. From the sharp edges to the rough machining to the poorly finished "Brazillian hardwood" stocks {low build quality} to the often poorly indexed barrels and crappy canted sights {poor QC on the already low build qualtiy}.

And even if all that is true, which it really isn’t, it’s still better than a Henry or Marlin as a useable tool. Hate especially true of the Henry.
Oh it's really true alright. I worked in the gun business in one capacity or another from 1990-2019, from selling them to repairing them to building them and have seen it all. In fact, right off hand I can't think of a lower quality lever action rifle than a Rossi. Furthermore, Rossi quality across the board, rifle, shotgun, handgun, is pretty lousy. If you get one that shoots well, is reliable in function and doesn't have any major issues, thank your lucky stars. Their customer service should you discover issues after the sale sucks too.