I did a hog hunt with "S.C. Trophy Hunters", which was supposed to be a free-range hog hunt. It was a total scam like many of them are. On the first day they took you out to a stand in the early morning hours (dark). It wasn't apparent that you were in a large low fence enclosure. You were told that you could only take 1 pig per stand. Within a few hours I saw a large group of pigs and shot one. My buddy got one nearby too. Eventually they picked us up in a 4x4 and you could see fencing in a few areas on the way back to the lodge.

The next 5 sits on stand(s) were NOT in any enclosure and we never saw any hogs (either one of us). The stands were clearly whitetail stands and there were no hogs, or even hog prints, anywhere around. Other hunters came into the lodge and each one was put on the "honey hole" for one sitting. It became apparent that the outfitter's goal was to get everyone one pig in the enclosure and then put hunters on stands that they knew you had no chance of seeing any pigs. It was all about the money, and the pigs that were shot were part of their "put & take" operation. We left a day early even though we were fully paid for our hunt.

On the bright side, they had a superb cook. The lady made the best ribs and smoked butt that I've ever had.

Last edited by Charlie-NY; 01/21/23.