I've had at least a dozen Leupolds over the years, but I'm not dialing with them for the most part. I've only had one failure and that with a 2.5-8x32 VX3 handgun scope that I had on a .260 Remington Encore barrel. I purchased it new with the new barrel and used it for load development and it worked great. Adjustments were spot on, held zero perfectly. Did a final check before the Minnesota deer season in 2010 on a Wednesday. Right where I wanted it - 2.5" high at 100 yards. Five shots touching. Saturday morning I took it to the deer blind, cased, just as I left it after Wednesday. A nice 8 point wandered out at 150 yards. Rock solid rest. Put the crosshair in the armpit and squeezed off. CRACK! The buck dropped like a stone. I reloaded and watched, as normal. He got back up about 5 seconds later, shaking his head, missing part of an antler. I took another shot. Nothing. He took off. I left the blind and went to find my chunk of antler. Immediately packed up and went to the gun range. Impacts were all over the place. It barely kept 5 shots on a 36"x36" target. I took the scope off and sent it back to Leupold. They said a spring broke inside. They said they fixed it, purged the internals, and sent it back to me. I mounted it back on the gun and went to bore sight it in my shop. I started to twist off the elevation adjustment cap and the whole damn turret came off and I was looking at the inside of the scope. WTH. I called Leupold and told them what happened. "Send it back. We will make it right." And they did. I've been using that scope for over a decade now on the .260 Rem barrel or the .357 Max barrel. Perfect tracking and holds zero perfectly. But it makes me trust Leupold a little bit less. The only scope I've dialed with is a Leupold VX-II that I had them put an M1 elevation turret on, mounted on a Ruger M77 MkII .260 Remington. That thing tracks up and down like it's on greased rails. Always returns to zero and adjusts where it should.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile