True that. 168MK's are my poison of choice for jacketed target shooting in my Springfields. Mayhaps I'll snag a box of 175's for Sh^ts&grins.

I have a custom mould that makes a 170gr spitzer bullet which closely mimics the old pre-war flat based Palma Match bullet. It provides identical accuracy as M72 Match, and often better, but only at 100-200 yards.* After that it runs out of steam, but that's ok, my long range days are in the rearview mirror as of now. I even reamed the leade of one of my rifles, a USMC Springfield Sniper clone, to a 1 1/2degree included angle to really allow that bullet to nestle in there before beginning its trip down the barrel. Made a heckuva improvement.

*due mainly to needing to keep velocity down to under 2000fps, with 1600fps as the sweet spot (attained with a dwindling supply of SR-4759). Nose slump raises its ugly head at higher velocity, an attribute of spitzer-shaped cast bullets no matter their hardness, and which has given that cast bullet shape a bad reputation - irrelevant if employed properly which is something few shooters try to do.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty