Originally Posted by buglin_bob
I always found it strange Ruger made left hand scout rifles but finding a left hand markII or hawkeye in 308 or any other short action caliber is rare. Maybe they will do a limited run and chamber the rifles in something besides the 6.5 creedmoor.

This is the problem as fas as I’m concerned. Ruger made a 6mm ppc back in the 90s and it was a great target/varmint rifle. It was only available in right hand, but you know dam well they have the reamer and or the capability to ream a barrel in left hand for that cartridge. I know it’s outside the norm, but at a reasonable price, it can be done. Maybe they lack the confidence. To me it seems like just another phase of building. They can, for a few hundred dollars, plumb a barrel, put it together and send it out to an ffl. I get it if they don’t want to put a McMillan or HS stock and don’t want to mess with a trigger, but cartridge, barrel length, twist and contour should be as easy of a build as they come. We will never agree on those things for a production run, but at least you’re closer to what you want and some of us that can’t agree on things are into not spending a lot of money. By that I mean if someone wants to change the barrel on a Ruger American and not spend an arm and a leg, they can still have the Tupperware stock with plastic trigger guard and all and still have a rifle that’s close to what they want with the cartridge they desire. Ruger is one of the companies that has lasted longer than their competitors and bought up a few other companies along the way. Why can’t they do that in the Custom Shop? It not only seems easy to me, it seems like they would have a huge fan base because of it.