My first and highest recommendation would be Dean Paulson, Eagle River. He flies out of hood and Merrill mostly. Birchwood too. This would be a provide your own aircraft thing though, pros and cons there. He works for himself and is a fantastic instructor. Has a very solid real life Alaska aviation background, and taught at UAA at one time. He’s done a little bit of everything, and truly loves teaching from what I’ve seen. Most beneficial time with an instructor I’ve personally spent. Let me know if you want his contact.
Another good outfit already mentioned is Blue River. Not sure who you’d fly with, but they are a very well run and successful flight school, and for a reason. I did most my ratings with them, and being in Palmer, have gotten to know Jamie and some of the folks there pretty well. They used to have a Champ for a wee bit more economical tail wheel trainer but I believe only current options would be pa18.
Anyways, that’s just based on my personal experience. There are undoubtedly many many other good options out there.
Good luck on your search, and apologies for the unsolicited advice….but one of the things that I finally got brave enough to do was to move on to a different instructor if things weren’t clicking. It’s nothing personal and any good instructor will know that and encourage that mentality. People teach, and learn differently. It’s amazing how important that is, in my opinion.