I used a Pedersoli 10 gauge muzzleloading SxS for years, more than just hunting too. My load consisted of 80 grains of FFg Goex powder, by volume, a lubed wonder wad over the powder (lubed with T/C's bore butter, won't harm the powder), an Alcan fiber or a BlueStreak wad, 1-1/4oz of nickle plated #5's by volume and then a thin overshot card. Never tried any corn muffin mix as a buffer, but like that idea after reading about it. This worked great in my gun and accounted for many turkey and pheasant. A change to non-toxic shot and it accounted for geese too. Also used it shooting trap, until the guys got tired of all the smoke! Lol! A couple things, when I first got it, I tried a load I wanted to, not as recommended by Pedersoli. Too much powder and too much shot got me a cracked stock at the barrel wedge pin. Some epoxy and brass pins took care of it, then reduced loads until I settled on the above. Second, I don't recommend the use of plastic wads, what a mess they made! Unless they've developed plastic wads now for use with blackpowder. Blackpowder burns hotter than smokeless and melted the wads into long thin threads of plastic, really junking everything up! Only "upgrade" I did to the Pedersoli was replace the #11 nipples with musket cap nipples.

Enjoy shaman, a lot of the fun in this is working up the load!

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 01/30/23.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member