Some may recall that I recently reconfigured my Varmint MTR as a Premium by replacing the barrel and stock with take-offs I found on GB. Originally, I had a FF3 with a 3moa dot on it and was pleasantly surprised how well I could shoot with it using some of the SV I had on hand. Well, I replaced the FF3 with a Romeo 5 due to good experience with one on my Mini 14. Took it to the range yesterday and touched up the bore-sighting, then proceeded to shoot some really nice groups, better than I though possible with such a sight. The target size, color, and shape are important for good results, and the extra control over brightness with the R5 is a big factor too. Very pleased with how this project turned out.

SV is definitely back on my list after this, and the Aguila Super SV comes quite close as well as printing right with the CCI SV. RWS SSHP, was both off target and disappointing. Gonna give testing a rest and just shoot for a bit while I burn through some of this good stuff. I’m also going to resist the urge to scope this for now.

What fresh Hell is this?