LBP Taking your rifle to eastern Europe is fairly straight forward, the issue is other European countries. Heard of guys going to Africa and landing in a European country that confiscated firearms. Real horror stories.

I took my rifle to Africa but not Europe as I was going to Germany then hunting in Poland.

The outfit I hunted with had a nice SAKO (Which is what I shoot) 243 and a TIKKA (which my son shoots) 308.

Europe and other countries are not like us in the United States, in that they typically don't own 20+ guns, the ones they have are high quality and common chambers, such as 308 and maybe a 300 Mag.

There is a story in Africa Hunting about a hunt in Spain, there the client was not familiar at all with the provided gun (Blaser I think?) and it was in 8X57.

Also, Say your in Romania and want to tour, your firearm will have to be secured which might mean the local police station and then trying to get it back and back into the States.

As much as I love my rifles, I wouldn't pay for the permits and headaches, personally.

Also, check because some guys "rent" guns and charge for each round you shoot, and definitely shoot the gun before hand to make sure it's on for you.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~