I have a Fastfire 3 on my Browning Gold Hunter 20ga right now, using a Meadow Creek Mounts unit that puts the very light sight very low right on the top of the rib. The dot is 8moa. I also have one on a rail on my Mossberg 590 S. I have no trouble picking up clays with the RD, and it also works well with slugs, and tight-patterning specialty loads. What the dot does is take your mount and head position out of the equation. If the dot is in the right place, the bird will break. You can adjust it to place the pattern anywhere you want in relation to the aiming point.

JB has written about a gathering of gun scribes where they shot some clays. According to him, everyone shot better using the gun with IIRC, an Eotech mounted on it.

It’s a tool, not a cure-all, and can help you see what you’re actually doing, stopping your swing for instance. You still need to keep both eyes open and look at the target, but the dot shows where the gun is pointed, sometimes not where you think.

An open reflex model like the FF is faster and less obtrusive than a closed one like the Aimpoint IMO, especially when mounted out on the rib. No plans to put one on my Citori, but the same mount that’s on the auto will fit it as well. I could very easily use it with a slug in one barrel for deer and shot for turkeys or grouse in the other, as so far anyway, the poi at closer ranges is close enough with the other guns I’ve tried.

What fresh Hell is this?