All over Rome there are places to get water. Just have a water bottle and the water is cool, clean and great to keep hydrated. No need to buy water.

The Baths of Caracalla are cool to see.

The Colosseum is incredible. Pay for tour for sure. I have paid for several and went down under the main floor and up as high as they said they were allowed to take us.

The vatican is incredible, all of it. No way to see everything there, probably not even in a year.

don't know if this is his contact, a tour guide, jayinromegmail.com I believe is his email. He is beyond knowledgeable, a great tour guide and fun to hang out with.

A haunted tour is lots of fun with interesting history.

Castel St. Angelo is awesome.

There are basically no public restrooms. Go in and purchase something to use a public restroom, water, candy, beer, etc.

Don't eat the gelato, well if you do, be prepared to eat gallons of it. It is off the chart good.

Ancient Rome is awesome, I paid for 2 tours to go inside the humidity controlled 2,000 plus year old homes. Really interesting.

Pompeii is awesome, I went to the top of Vesuvius, it was smoking, I will not do that again, spend that time in Pompeii.

I also made a trip to Tivoli. Hadrian's villa is also awesome. Also toured the Ville d'este in Tivoli. If you do not believe one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, you may after visiting there.

The Trevi fountain is a can't miss and the pantheon is to.

I love Lasagna and it was great there.

There is a church I visited, I don't remember the name, but most everything inside is made of human bones, it is different to say the least.

St. Paul' church is an incredible place to visit.

At night there is lots of live music, some of it is great. My favorite is a band called Stageless.

For sure avoid crowds as much as possible and keep wallet, passport, phone, etc. in a secured pocket. Pickpockets are slick. I never had an issue, but the "jayinromegmail" and myself, I had an all day tour with just him and not sure how that came to be, but it was just me. We got on a subway or underground train and he is a small guy, I am 5'-9", 230 lbs or so, still deadlift 500 lbs and squat over 400, I am nothing great but a decent sized guy, but Jay grabbed my arm and when a group of people got on the subway. I asked him what are you doing? He pointed at them and said pickpockets. I was like dang you know them, he said he had never seen them. I watched the lady (with a baby in a front carrying setup) slipp the guys wallet out of his backpocket, he was getting off the car and he never had a clue. I could not believe it.

I would never live there but I loved visiting there.

I plan to go back and take my daughter.

And I forgot to add, the women there are beautiful. The majority are smokin hot! More hot, good looking, beautiful, sexy, etc. women than I have ever seen anywhere.

Last edited by headhunter130; 02/08/23.

NRA Benefactor life member