Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Reminds me of Tripoid Carp..... gov. guaranteed for years that they were sterile and spread them all over the south to combat excessive plant growth in lakes. They they found hatchlings, in a tank of guaranteed sterile carp.

Dumbazz government!

Triploid fish are sterile. Period. End of discussion. I can go into all the genetic reasons why, but nobody wants to read that here.

That said, the various methods to induce triploidity are not 100% (except for one, but it’s not used for grass carp as far as I know) so once in a while a normal diploid fish will slip in. For fish sold in all western states, each fish is therefore individually checked, which involves human interpretation of the test. That has potential for failure.

You got here before I could ask "Where's Dutch" laugh

Seems the preponderance of replies so far is that this is "wrong".

Yet, a few days back many on this forum were highly in favor of GMO plants for their farms and that of others?

confused confused confused

Don't worry, proponents of GMO stuff.............if this turns out to be viable, the product will be available. Might not be grown here, but there will be overseas producers ready to jump on it in a heartbeat. Anyone notice how much "catfish" is imported yearly? Hint.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?